Wednesday 17th October 2018

A 357-carat Light Brown Diamond Recovered at Letšeng Mine

[Gem Diamonds - Rapaport] Gem Diamonds has announced the recovery of a 357-carat light brown high quality diamond from its Letšeng mine in Lesotho. This is the 13th diamond of over 100 carats to be recovered from Letšeng in 2018.  

 “Record recoveries” from the mine coupled with the sale of the 910-carat, D Color, Type IIa,  “Lesotho Legend” for $40 million March led to a strong first half of 2018 for the company. Gem Diamonds owns 70% of the Letšeng asset, with the government of Lesotho holding the remaining 30%.

Sources: Rapaport, Gem Diamonds
Picture Credit: Gem Diamonds

 

Tags: Gem diamonds, Letseng, Rough, Mining, brown Diamond

Back to top
Newsletter
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news and exclusive offers.