Revised on 8/06/2023
- Address: Pelikaanstraat, 62; B- 2018 Antwerp, Belgium
- Telephone number: +32 3 225 00 28
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company registration number : 0698 590 139
As well as when using its website www.langerman-diamonds.com hereinafter "LANGERMAN" or "We".
In order to provide you with the best service, We need to process personal data that may identify you as a person. This data is therefore also referred to as "personal data" and Langerman is responsible for this processing.
1. Lawful Bases For Processing
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include :
- Your consent (where you have given consent);
- The processing is necessary in execution of a contract (for example a sales contract once a purchase is made);
- The processing is necessary in order for Langerman to comply with the legal obligations; and
- Langerman’s or third party’s legitimate interests, except where your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms requiring protection of personal data outweigh those interests. These legitimate interests include, but are not limited to:
- The existence of a relevant and appropriate relationship between the data controller and the data subject;
- Prevention of fraud;
We rely on legitimate interests to collect and process the data you provide when you create an account, or when you contact us by email or through our website, as the processing of the requested data is necessary in order to be able to provide you with these services.
In cases we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. In cases we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we have collected or received from you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To meet our obligations related to any contracts entered into between you and us, for example for billing and shipping;
- If you pay for our products using a credit card, we will transmit your credit card data in a secure and encrypted way to the appropriate credit card company and/or credit card payment processing company;
- To contact you about our services;
- Marketing purposes, e.g. market analyses, customer segmentations, marketing communication and other campaigns;
- In any other way we may tell you about when you provide the information;
The processing of your personal data by Langerman is necessary for the optimal performance of the above activities. We will only process your personal data for these purposes subject to your consent.
3. Information We Collect About You
We collect different types of information about visitors and users of our website or services. We may collect this information either when you provide it to us or automatically when you navigate through our website.
1. We will collect and process your personal data when you create an account, subscribe to our newsletter, or send us a communication via email or the contact forms on our website. When you order products on the website, you may also be asked to provide a credit card number and other payment-related information, as well as other details necessary to process the order request. Some of the information we ask for is required in order to use our services (for example to create an account or place an order) and some is voluntary. If you do not provide data that is necessary for a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
2. We also collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address by automated means when you browse our website. Your IP address is used for the functioning of some of our website services (for example, to apply the correct Value Added Tax (VAT) rate and shipping cost when you place an order), and to gather user statistics and demographic information via Google Analytics and similar services.
2.1 We may collect information that does not in itself identify a specific individual. Such information tells us about your device(s), browsing actions, and the resources that you use to access our website, for example your operating system and the type of browser. We use Google analytics and similar services to help us to deliver a better and more personalized service to users of our website by allowing us to estimate usage patterns, customize our services according to your individual preferences, and speed up your searches. We do not ask you for, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time when you use our website.
3. Personal data is data that allows the to identification of the user. In this case, this might include the following:
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, email address, … );
- IP address;
- ID information if required by law (ID card number or photo, Passport information;
- IT data when using our website;
- Bank information (account number, credit card number, …);
- Data provided when discussing your order with our sales advisors;
Langerman collects your personal data in connection with the provision of its services and during the ordering process, as well as the information you provide during your visit on your website.
Langerman will only process personal data that is necessary, relevant and sufficient to achieve specific purposes.
4. We are not a website targeted at children or those under the age of 16.
4. Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
These service providers process your personal data in accordance with the European principles on the protection of personal data. The agreements between Langerman and the below-mentioned commercial partners contain the necessary guarantees regarding the confidentiality of personal data and compliance with privacy legislation.
Transfer of personal data outside the EEA may be subject to SCC’s (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en). If required by the applicable legislation regarding data protection, we will contact you and ask you for your consent for a data transfer outside the EEA, disclosing with you all potential risks. You will be free to consent or refuse that such transfer takes place.
The service providers of Langerman are:
- Shipping companies: Malca Amit, Fedex
- Payment providers: banks, credit card, Paypal, Wise
- Diamond Office
5. Data Security
Your access to your account is available by entering an email address and a password selected by you at the time of the account creation. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone, that you change your password often using a combination of letters and numbers, and that you make sure to use a secure web browser. We cannot be held liable for activity that results from your own neglect to safeguard your password and the email address used to log in. If you share a computer or mobile device with anyone, you should always log out of your account after you are finished in order to prevent access to your information by other users of that computer or mobile device.
Please contact us as soon as possible if your username or password is compromised.
We take appropriate technical and security measures that are reasonably expected to ensure the protection of your personal data against unintentional or intentional loss, access, change or disclosure. Access to your personal data is limited to employees or persons who require access in the performance of their duties. They process the data only for specific purposes and according to our legal instructions. This commitment is qualified as a commitment to perform to the best ability on the part of Langerman.
We will inform you without delay if, despite these measures, an infringement in connection with your personal data that represents a high risk for the rights and freedoms of natural persons should still occur, unless :
- appropriate technical and organizational protection measures are taken by Langerman and applied to the personal data affected by the breach ;
- we take subsequent measures to ensure that the said high risk cannot reoccur;
- the information would involve a disproportionate effort on the part of Langerman. In such a case, public communication or a similar measure may suffice.
Langerman will provide you within a reasonable period of time with information about an infringement of which We would become aware, namely :
- the type of infringement perpetrated, in relation to personal data;
- the name and contact details of the data protection officer or an appropriate contact point;
- the likely consequences of the breach;
- the measures proposed or taken to address the breach and mitigate its possible adverse effects.
6. Data Storage And Transfer
The duration of the data storage depends on the circumstances under which the data was collected. For data collected when you created a user account on our website, for example, we will keep until you choose to delete the account. For data collected when you subscribe to a newsletter, we will keep until you choose to unsubscribe from the newsletter. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
7. Withdraw Consent
8. Updating, Accessing And Correcting Your Data
You have the right to control and manage the personal data we have collected about you, including the ability to:
Delete Data: You may ask us at any time to delete all or some of your personal data in the following cases:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- You withdraw your consent and there is no other basis for the processing;
- An objection is made to the processing, direct marketing practices or automated decision-making;
- Personal data have been processed unlawfully;
- The personal data must be deleted in order to comply with a legal obligation imposed on MAN by Union or Member State law;
- The personal data have been collected in connection with an information society offer.
In this event we will delete your information within 60 days of your request. However, we may retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal and contractual obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us.
Your request for deletion may be refused on the grounds of the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, legal obligations, reasons of public interest in the area of public health or public interest in the context of scientific or historical research, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Amend or Rectify Data: If you have created an account on our website, you can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to update your data, for example if it is inaccurate in some way or your information has changed.
Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You may at any time ask us to stop using all or part of your personal data or to limit our processing of it. In such an event, We may only process the personal data, with the exception of storage, with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
You shall have the right to obtain the restriction of processing of personal data if:
- the accuracy of the personal data is disputed, during a period that allows Langerman to check said accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful and there is opposition to the erasure of the personal data and you request to restrict its use instead;
- Langerman no longer needs the personal data for processing purposes, but you need it for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
If the processing restriction is lifted, Langerman will inform you in advance.
Right to Transfer Your Data: You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can also request to transmit this data directly to another data controller if this is technically possible.
9. Access To Your Personal Data
You can access some of the information that we collect about you. For example, by logging into your account, you can access information regarding recent orders from us; some of the personal data we maintain about you and your newsletter subscription preferences.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by following the instructions included in the newsletter you receive, or you can log in to your account on our website and update your newsletter subscription preference. If your email address has changed and you would like to continue to receive newsletters, please access your account, update your email address information in your account, and sign up again for the newsletter.
10. Exercising Your Rights
Langerman will take all necessary measures to allow you to exercise your rights free of charge. However, if a request proves to be manifestly unfounded or excessive (e.g. due to its repetitive nature), Langerman reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee or refuse the request.
You can, at any time, exercise your right to obtain access to their own personal data, to correct it and to delete it to if necessary in compliance with the applicable law on the protection of personal data. You can do so through contacting us via our contact form or by sending an email to email@example.com . We will require proof of your identity enclosed with your request.
If the request meets all relevant conditions, Langerman will be obliged to comply with this within thirty (30) days after receipt. Depending on the complexity of such request, this period can be extended by two (2) months.
If Langerman decides not to comply with the request, it will inform the person concerned within thirty (30) days, stating the reasons that led to the request being denied.
If you feel your rights in terms of data protection have been violated, you can complain to a regulator. If you think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in Belgium or with your local supervisory authority.
11. Cookies And Other Technologies
13. Information About Us
- Address: Pelikaanstraat, 62. B- 2018 Antwerp, Belgium
- Phone number: +32 3 225 00 28
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VAT number: BE 0698 590 139