Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions page of the Langerman Diamonds e-shop. Our goal is to make your shopping experience as smooth as possible. If your question isn't answered here, please contact us.
We work exclusively with conflict free, natural color diamonds. None of our diamonds are treated, synthetic, or lab grown.
No, we only work with natural color diamonds.
A natural color diamond is unique. It is a product of nature, shaped by millions of years of crystallization. Its color is the product of chance and no two natural color diamonds can be identical: it is this uniqueness, this rareness that gives them all their value.
The 4Cs to evaluate diamonds are Color, Carat, Clarity and Cut.
- Color: For natural fancy color diamonds, color is the most important aspect to evaluate. Generally speaking, one can say that a good quality natural color diamond is a diamond that has the following: (1) Maximum sparkle and life, (2) Acceptable purity (i.e. no significant inclusion can be seen with the naked eye), (3) Uniform and harmonious color.
- Carat: Refers to the weight of the diamond. With color diamonds, it is often possible to strengthen the intensity of the color and the sparkle of the diamond by cutting it.
- Clarity: The purity and clearness of a diamond. The less impurities a diamond has, the more it sparkles. The presence of certain impurities can be tolerated if they do not interfere with the color or with the sparkle of the stone.
- Cut: Refers to the polish, symmetry and proportions of a diamond, which impact its fire and brilliance. Natural color diamonds are often cut in fancy shapes, rather than in the classical round brilliant cut, as this tends to intensify and enhance their color.
For more information on the 4Cs, head over to our Encyclopedia.
As our inventory is very large and we prefer to give our clients recent certificates when possible, we don't have certificates for all of our diamonds.
Once you decide on your diamond, we can of course have it certified by the lab of your choice. Common options include ALGT in Antwerp (3-4 days, $80 for diamonds below $800) and the GIA (4-6 weeks, $150 for diamonds under $2,500).
We guarantee that all our diamonds are natural and provide an in-house Expert’s Report, signed and dated, with all the information about your diamond/jewel and a valuation for insurance purposes.
We accept all credit cards (via Stripe), PayPal or bank transfer. For bank transfers here are the details:
For payment in USD:
Account number: 674-5400670-09 (Langerman SPRL)
Address: 70-77 Pelikaanstraat, B-2018 Antwerp, Belgium
Code IBAN : BE 87 6744 0003 6694
Code BIC : ABNABE2A
For payment in Euros:
Bank: ABN Amro
Account number (IBAN): BE98 6744 0003 6593 (Langerman SPRL)
Address: Pelikaanstraat 62, B-2018 Antwerp, Belgium
BIC/Swift code: ABNABE2A
Yes. We require a 20% deposit to reserve your diamond and/or to start designing your jewel. The remaining balance may be paid in instalments over a period of up to one (1) year.
Yes we do. Let us know where you want your diamond or jewel delivered and we'll find the safest and fastest way to get it there. We use shipping companies specialized in delivering diamonds such as Malca Amit, FedEx, Ferrari and Brinks.
Shipping fees depend on the value of your purchase and delivery address.
- Orders above $2,500: Free of charge
- Orders below $2,500:
- Within the EU: $90
- UK: $160
- Other locations: $180
- For orders of books and posters: $20
After the payment is complete, your diamond will be shipped immediately. Delivery usually takes 2 to 3 days, but in some cases may take longer, depending on the local customs process of the destination country.
When purchasing a bespoke jewelry, we will guide you through the process: from the diamond selection to the design and delivery. Once the details have been finalized, it takes around 2-3 weeks to produce a bespoke custom-designed jewelry piece. Your jewel will be shipped immediately after the piece has been paid in full.
Once your diamond/jewel has been shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking link.
On our website you will find a unique collection of rough natural color diamonds. These can be purchased to be kept as rough diamonds or to be polished. If you are purchasing with the objective of polishing, please let us know so we can better advise you on whether the diamond fits this purpose.
If you are a diamond dealer or a jeweler, you may create a professional account here: https://www.langerman-diamonds.com/pro-subscribe/ .
This will give you access to our wholesale prices as well as other exclusive services.
Additional taxes depend on the destination country of the purchase.
- Shipment in Belgium: VAT of 21% will be applied.
- Shipments within the EU: For individuals, the VAT of the shipping destination will be applied. For businesses, VAT is excluded if we are provided with a valid VAT number.
- Shipments outside the EU: We do not charge VAT outside of Europe. There may be import taxes and/or duties to pay to receive the diamond/jewel. This is handled by the customs authorities of each country and we have no influence over this process.
We have a 30-day return policy, so if you are not 100% satisfied with your diamond(s) you may always return it/them. You will only be responsible for shipping costs in this case.
We will reimburse the amount you paid once we receive the diamond(s) back in the original packaging, complete (original certificate, expert report, packaging, jewelry box, etc.), in a perfect state of order and accompanied by a copy of the original invoice of purchase.
Yes, we have access to a larger stock than what is displayed online. If you haven’t found what you are looking for, please feel free to reach out and we will look further and propose stones that correspond to your request.
Yes, we specialize in creating natural color diamond jewelry. Over the years, we have developed the expertise to advise you on the choice of diamond and metal, to create unique, one-of-a-kind pieces of jewelry.
When creating bespoke jewelry, we will guide you through the whole process from the diamond selection to the design and delivery. Once the details have been finalized, the fabrication of a custom-made jewel takes around 2-3 weeks, and can be shipped immediately after payment has been completed.
To find the right ring size please follow the tips on our Ring Size Guide. A few tips:
- The finger size can vary throughout the day and with different temperatures (they are thinner in the cold and swell with the heat)
- The ring should be tight enough not to fall off but loose enough so that you can slide it over your knuckle.
- Measure your finger 3 to 4 times throughout the day for more accuracy.
Since all of our jewels are custom-designed and made by hand for you, we cannot accept returns. However, your satisfaction is what is most important to us. If you are not 100% happy with your jewel, we will of course make sure to adapt it to your satisfaction.